Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Ultimate Guitar Book, Dorling Kindersley. Matthew Chattle Photography

In what seems like a million years ago [twenty actually] when I was working for book packagers and publishers, I worked on the 'The Ultimate Guitar Book' published by Dorling Kindersley. I did about 80% of the photographs in the book and travelled all over the country photographing guitars of all shapes and sizes. I met a few rock legends along the way, John Entwistle [The Who], Steve Howe [Yes] and Ian Anderson [Jethro Tull] to name a few.

This was an unused section break, we did black and white shots but the publishers changed their minds and I re-shot close-ups of different guitars.
For each section there was an 'exploded' view of a guitar in bits, this was a beautiful hand made work of art.

The Ultimate Guitar Book

No comments:

Post a Comment